Monday, June 17, 2013

Thank you SO much for stopping by my new blog! I've recently jumped on the "furniture flipping" wagon and I wanted a place to share :) I plan to share what works for me and what doesn't. Sometimes it won't even be about flipping, just whatever suits my fancy! How about we get started?

My very first flip was this sofa table


I found it as I was breezing through a Goodwill. It was love at first site! I loved the curved legs with their carved detail and claw feet. It was a sturdy, solid table and at only $25 I couldn't get to the checkout fast enough! I could hardly wait to get her transformation started! With all her beautiful details I knew sanding wasn't really an option so she first got a good scrubbing with TSP. Then I applied two coats of Rustoleum Painters Touch Ultra Cover Satin Heirloom White. It was winter when I started this project and I was devastated when the second coat of paint wrinkled and cracked. It was so upsetting to me that I walked away from the project for a few days. After a few days of thinking about it, I went back to look again and it looked just as bad as it did the first time. :( It sat for a few more days. Somewhere along the line, my thinking began to change. I began to think maybe a dark glaze would look good in those cracks. So I finally got brave and gave it a try. And here's what I got!

Ah ha!! I was super stoked!! Kept applying the glaze and I found this . . .

Score! Oh those beautiful details!

And here's the finished beauty. I listed her on Craigslist and she's now at her new home in the St. Louis area.


I've been gathering furniture for several months now and I'm super excited to show you every step of each makeover. Again, thank you SO much for stopping by!

Till next time,

Julie (the DIYer) ;)

2 comments:

  1. Awwww so proud of you for starting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Can't wait to see more! -Mike

    ReplyDelete